A Simple Explanation of Men’s Hormones
The simplest way of looking at male hormones is that they have three main purposes:
1. To create men to be able to mate (have sex and cause pregnancy) with women and potentiate the species. Without men and women mating and having children, human kind and hence humanity would have disappeared tens of thousands of years ago.
2. As our species developed it apparently turned out that men were given the role, by virtue of their male hormones, of being the providers. In order to provide food men would have to leave the village for days, even weeks, travel great distances over mountains, through valleys to hunt and then bring back the large amount of game meat needed to feed their family and their clan, so that everyone could survive.
3. Men were also needed to protect their family and clan, later city, state and nation from predators and invaders. When male hormones were either deficient or out of balance, the individuals was less likely to be able to do his job of mating, hunting and protecting. This then undermined his ability to function and put everyone he supported in danger. As men aged and his hormones failed, younger men took his place and he became soft, slow, and if left alone in the wild, he would not be able to survive.
The primary male hormone is testosterone, however, men also make very small amounts of the female hormone estrogen. Generally speaking, testosterone is responsible for the growth and development of the man’s muscles, strong bones, a strong heart, his ability to think fast (a big brain), and he essentially becomes a lean, mean, fighting machine.
Without adequate testosterone men have a much lower chance of surviving both in the past within the wilds and even today in the city. His masculinity declines and he soon is no longer available for mating, or no longer has access to fertile women. When he is young and filled with testosterone he is a poster boy for his genes, no matter how important nor brave he has been as soon as he is seen as weak or “old” his genes are no longer important and he his genes are no longer an important part of the gene pool of his community.
What more is there to say, if you’re a man you want plenty testosterone not only to be meaningful in your community but also for optimal health and wellness. If you are a man, then it is likely you still want to be tough, to be a meaningful warrior and so that you can thrive and survive.
If you’re a woman, it is likely instinctively you want a man who has lots of testosterone flowing in his arteries and veins, for you are instinctively programed to want someone to protect you, provide for you and mate with you even if you no longer want children or can longer even have children.
What Are the Most Common Complaints or Symptoms We See Related to Low Testosterone?
For most men, somewhere between 25 and 45 years of age, his testosterone level begins to fall. Early on most men are totally unaware that this is happening to them. In most cases, all these men are aware of is that they are changing. They are gaining weight around the mid-section, they seem to have less energy and get tired sooner than they did a few years earlier. They start graying in the temples. They don’t recover from exercise as fast as they used to. They are not the same person they used to be.
They are now experiencing a loss of energy, episodes of fatigue, loss of muscle mass, decreased libido, a loss in the quality of their erections, central obesity all related to their falling testosterone.
While most men are still unaware, they also have a progressively increased risk for heart attack and stroke, high blood pressure, as well as a host of other medical and health problems that it would take nearly the greater part of an hour of discussion in their doctor’s office to even do justice to discussing.
In the very simple terms, they are recognizing that they are losing their youth and they are prematurely aging much more rapidly then they believed possible or desire. Most important they are experiencing a steady, progressive loss in the quality of their life and health.
What Is Our Approach to Helping and Healing These Men?
There are a number issues involved in how we can help you if you are a man:
1. The first, and possibly most important, issue is getting these men and their female partners to fully understand that the earlier they start using bio-identical male hormone replacement, the fewer overall medical and health problems they will likely experience over the rest of their life.
2. The next most important issue is helping them understand that the years will continue to move forward whether they like it or not and that they will age and not necessarily in the way they wish, especially, if they do nothing to change this or they make the wrong decisions and choices.
3. The third most important issue is getting them to start using Bio-Identical TRT rather than synthetic hormones.
While we might logically believe that most men would immediately jump at slowing down their aging process. That they would be happy to preventing future health problems. That they would rejoice at feeling significantly better. That they would embrace the new self they see and feel when they look in the mirror. but you instead just might be wrong. For so many years, the press has sold newspapers, TV and radio time on the problems relating to the problems and evils of non-bio- identical Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT- is for women, TRT for men) that we are ad to say, most men and women are actually scared of HRT/TRT.
In the end, each individuals must look at all of the facts, they must become intelligently informed. They must get past the lies that from time to time are used as banner headlines to sell newspapers and air time. They must learn the truth. The ultimate saving grace however, is that the real statistics for HRT use tell the real story. When you look at the statistics for safety and the actual value of bio- identical HRT/TRT, for both men and women, you will clearly see the truth. There will be no misunderstanding, the lies and false negative beliefs will fall away and be gone. Testosterone for men and bio-identical HRT for women, are not only safe, they greatly improve overall health, they significantly decrease your risks for heart disease, stroke, cancer, diabetes, and they do slow down the aging process. In the end, this is what ultimately convinces the great majority of people who accept and use bio-identical HRT. They do what is best for them, what makes their life better and healthier. In doing so, they get great results and their life gets better.
Lastly, and most importantly, it is the results men and women get that bring them both back, again and again. They like, even love, how they feel and how they look when they use bio-identical HRT/TRT.
For more information and consultation, contact Advanced Wellness Medical by:
Calling 626.365.1084 or
E-mail your questions or specific search for information to firstname.lastname@example.org